1st: Take a look of this mobilisation map created by activists in France:
Is anybody willing and able to make a similar map for the upcoming week of action, which we could then put on the homepage (http://emancipating-
2nd: A few days ago I prepared a "Slide-show" with some of the footages of the "International Day of Action against the Commercialisation of Education", on Nov.5th:
3rd: Did you hear about the recent protests in France, India, U.S. of A. or Ireland? No?? Well, let me give you a little overview.
- 28/01/2009 In Pakistan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- 28/01/2009 In Arizona, U.S. of A.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- 04/02/2009 15.000 in Dublin, Ireland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
For more info: http://free-education.info/
2009/02/05/irish-times-15000- in-third-level-fees-protest- in-dublin
- 04/02/2009 Hundreds protested in Bielefeld (Germany) against tuition fees: http://www.neues-deutschland.
de/artikel/143383.proteste-(in German) reloaded.html
- 05/02/2009 Directors' office was occupied in Freiburg (Germany) for at least 24hrs: http://linksunten.indymedia.
- 05/02/2009 In Paris, France: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- 09/02/2009 In Tennessee, U.S. of A.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- 09/02/2009 In Pennsylvania, U.S. of A.: http://www.usnews.com/blogs/
paper-trail/2009/02/11/penn- state-students-protest- governors-budget-proposal.html
- 09/02/2009 In Atlanta, U.S. of A.: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/
dpp/news/Clark_Atlanta_ Students_Protest_Layoffs_ 020909
- 10/02/2009 In New Delhi, India: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
For more info: http://timesofindia.
indiatimes.com/Delhi/JNUSU_ called_for_a_48-hour_strike_ from_Monday/articleshow/ 4132720.cms
- 11/02/2009 In Washington DC, U.S. of A.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
For more info: http://www.washingtonpost.com/
- 13/02/2009 In Minesota, U.S. of A.: http://www.winonadailynews.
- 16/02/2009 In Roskilde, Denmark: http://jp.dk/uknews/
4th: This is the current list of activists (9) willing to share their contacts with all of you:
com(RN Wagner: Spoken Word Poet / Artist, who's involved deep with the social justice crews crowds of St.John's, Newfoundland & Southern Ontario [Canada])
- email@example.com (Nadeem Juneaja: Social Welfare Party [England, Kenya and Pakistan])
- firstname.lastname@example.org (James R.: Ft. Worth, Texas [U.S. of A.])
- email@example.com (Lisa: Socialist Students Union, Kentucky [U.S. of A.])
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Zaragoza [Spain])
- email@example.com (Andrea: Urbino [Italy])
firstname.lastname@example.org(Mo: Marburg [Germany])
- email@example.com (Iain: uOttawa Drop Fees [Canada])
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Alphonso: YoCADS [Liberia])
I am also considering to publish this list on the homepage (http://emancipating-
It might be very useful to have a contact from each group/city/country listed on the homepage, so that activists know who to contact in their region.
Therefore I ask all of you to let me know, if I can publish your group name and email address on the homepage!
Please let me know in the coming days.
5th: Details for the next "international chat-conference"
- TOP1: Round of introduction (if deemed necessary and praticable)
- TOP2: General questions (space to ask general questions regarding the global week of action and the "International Students Movement"open space for all who want to make any sort of announcements)
- TOP3: Announcements (open space for all those who want to make any sort of announcement)
- TOP4: Things to be done! (e.g. translations, mobilisation video, poster designs, ... [~25mins])
- TOP5: "Global Flashmob" (for details: http://www.emancipating-
education-for-all.org/content/[~25mins]) day-united-action-during-globa l-week-action-09
- If there is enough time and energy left:
TOP6: Collecting suggestions on how the week of action can be filled (e.g. teach-ins in public spaces [~30mins])
- TOP6: Open Space
How to join the chat:
Or go here: https://chat.indymedia.org and enter your nick and the Channel (#education) inside the mask.
9am in Guatemala;
10am in Ottawa (Canada), Washington D.C. (U.S. of A.) and Colombia;
11am Santiago (Chile);
3pm in the UK, Liberia, Togo, Gambia, Ghana and Ireland;
9pm in Dhaka (Bangladesh);
10pm in Jakarta (Indonesia);
I created an "event page" for the chat this time (for the first time!) and more than 140 confirmed their attendance so far. Therefore I expect dozens of people attending the chat this time. I have no idea how we will be able to handle that.
But then again, it is great, if more people get involved :)